Humidity Webinars On Demand
Rotronic presents the definitive humidity measurement webinar series created to help you make a more reliable, repeatable and accurate measurement of humidity.
View Webinars on Demand
Humidity Theory and Terms
- Learn about the basic science behind measuring humidity so that you can make a better measurement. We'll cover the most common parameters used to define water vapor content in gases.
- Learn how temperature and pressure affect some parameters and not others. Evaluate your application to decide what parameter is best suited to your particular humidity measurement situation.
Download the slide deck:
Dew Point and Compressed Air
Dew point temperature is the main indicator for liquid water in a compressed air system. It the dew point temperature is the same as the temperature of the compressed air, water vapor will condense and you will have water in your compressed air lines. Learn more about dew point and how pressure affects the measurement. Understanding dew point will help you prohibit the formation of liquid water. Topics discussed:
- Basic definition of dew point temperature
- Pressure effects on the measurement and the parameter
- ISO classification and dryer types
- Desiccant dryers – improved efficiency with dew point switching
- A practical example of preventing water in air
Traceability – What is it and how to achieve it – It’s not as straightforward a you think.
The majority of regulations (FDA) and quality systems (ISO/IEC 9001, ISO/IEC17025) which reference the requirement of calibration of measurement instruments require traceability of measurements. We often hear the requirement for NIST traceable calibrations.
In this webinar we look at what traceability actually means and what is does not. We will also take a closer look at how traceability is reported on calibration certificates and the key information that is necessary to prove traceability. We’ll cover answers to these common questions:
- How does traceability affect the measurements that we take?
- How can I prove traceability of my measurements?
- How can I ensure that my suppliers are actually providing traceable calibration results?
Interpreting Humidity Instrument Specifications
Selecting the most appropriate instrument for relative humidity measurement is not as simple as comparing the specifications from various manufacturers. The various manufacturers present the data needed to make a determination of overall instrument performance in their own unique format.
- Learn how to interpret the term “Accuracy”. A specification titled “Accuracy” from one manufacturer may not be comparable to the Accuracy specification from a second manufacturer.
- Explore the differences in specification methodologies of several manufactures
- Learn how to apply a methodology that can be used to objectively compare the specified performance of the instruments.
How to Read a Psychrometric Chart
The psychrometric chart is the best tool around to help you understand the various humidity parameters and their inter-relations. After attending this webinar, you will be able to:
- Use a psychrometric chart to better understand your specific humidity measurement application.
- Make a better measurement of humidity by having a strong understanding of the parameters based on a visual representation.
- Use the psychrometric chart to convert parameters and see how temperature does or does not affect your preferred parameter.
Download slide deck:
9 Things to Consider When Choosing a Best-fit Humidity Instrument
Making a better humidity measurement depends largely on choosing the best fit instrument well before you attempt to make your first measurement. Basing your decision on these 9 points will help you zero in on choosing the best instrument for your specific application.
These are the 9 areas we’ll cover in the webinar:
- Measurement objective
- Measurement environment
- Required performance
- Measurement parameter
- Measurement reporting
- Instrument utilization
- Logistical restrictions
Pros & Cons of Humidity Measurement Technologies
With so many different types of humidity measurement technology available on the market, it’s difficult to know which one is best for your particular application. This is not a promotion of one type of technology over others, but a discussion meant to help you choose the best technology for you by knowing the pros and cons of the most common technologies.
We’ll cover these humidity measurement technologies; Chilled mirror, Resistive, Capacitive, Psychrometer (wet-bulb/dry-bulb), Mechanical, Aluminum oxide (Al2O3).
Download slide deck:
Relative Humidity & Dew Point, The Basics
If you’re struggling with making a reliable, repeatable and accurate measure of humidity, this webinar is for you. The first step towards making a better humidity measurement is to understand the parameter. This webinar covers the basics of the two most-measured humidity parameters; relative humidity and dew point temperature. After attending this webinar you will have a better understanding of these 2 parameters and you will be equipped to make a better humidity measurement.
Download slide deck: